Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Please sleep babies!
I am exhausted! My children are not sleeping more than 2 hours at a time. And of course, most of the time they are on completely opposite schedules. Tonight they ate at 9:00 and 11:30 then Avery was up at 1:20 and Luke was up at 2. I laid back down at 3 and Avery was screamin her head off at 3:40. So here I am up at 4:30 trying to get her back to sleep. But I'm sure as soon as she goes back to sleep Luke will be up again. It's a vicious cycle. I try to keep them up more during the day and they;re also on the same schedule all through the day. But at night I don't keep them on the same schedule in hopes that they will sleep more. Ugh! I've done all the research and tried everything I can find. I swaddle, I rock, they've slept together, they've slept apart, they've slept in my room, they've slept in their cribs. I give baths before bedtime, I read before bedtime. I'm honestly out of ideas. And I envy my snoring husband. Got to go, she's crying again! :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Aww Richelle! I'm sorry you've been exhausted...just remember it won't be this way for long. Just power through, love!
ReplyDeleteBtw...I've missed you! ((hugs))
I'm so sorry! I honestly can't imagine what it is like with two. I had to laugh though when you said you were jealous of your snoring husband...I had many nights like that :)! You are just in survival mode right now...it will get better even when it looks like it isn't going to get better. Henry just one day started sleeping better. There really wasn't a progression or anything I did. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteOhhh boy! And girl! :) Things will get easier!!! And get that snoring husband up! You guys should get one each throughout the night! hehehehe
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have been trying everything! I read somewhere to always remember THE FIVE S's Swaddling, Side/Stomach Position, Shushing Sounds, Swinging and Sucking...This recreates the sensations of the womb and turns on a calming reflex.
Good Luck Sweetie and hang in there!!
That sounds pretty hectic! I know it won't last forever, but you need sleep to get you through it. Can you call a friend or relative & see if they can help for an hour or two so you can get a nap? (i'd totally do it if i lived near there!)
ReplyDeleteLove ya! (((HUGS)))
Whenever you get a chance, there's some love for ya on my blog! :)
ReplyDelete