Here is a pic of Luke and Avery at their first Thanksgiving. I can't believe I couldn't get Luke to smile. The kid smiles all the time now. Yesterday morning I was sucking boogers out of his nose with one of those bulb sucker things and he was smiling the whole time. I know I don't post much anymore but I'm always checking blogs. So know I'm still here for you ladies. Just a little busy these days is all. The monkey's still aren't sleeping through the night. It's almost 9 pm here now and I've been up since 2:30am. One or the other was up from then on. Plus now I'm back to work. I have to get up at 5:30 to get myself and the kids out the door by 7. While my husband snores away. I'm pretty bitter about it right now if you can't tell. He's asleep right now while I'm on here waiting for the little ones to nod off. Since we decided I was going back to work this was supposed to become more of a team effort. Not the case so far. He's not horrible, don't get me wrong. I just do the majority of the child care plus work a 32 hr week. Thank God I still have Fridays off. Ok, enough complaining.I am so in love with these babies it's not even funny. They're smiling now and talking a little bit. Their babysitter seems to think they're starting to teethe as well. Not sure I believe that but we'll see. Luke is around 12lbs and Avery around 11. Won't know for sure until we go back for their 4 month check up in January. We took them to see Santa and have their pic taken. They were very good. I'll post the pic as soon as I can find out where Mike hid it on the computer. They're not even close to sleeping through the night. Still up around midnight and 3 am. If I'm lucky they'll both get up the same time but that doesn't happen too often. I've tried all of the little tricks to get them to sleep better. So far nothing works. I'll give it another month then hopefully I can start putting some cereal in their bottles and that might help. I'm actually off of work for the last 2 weeks of the year. I'm really looking forward to spending that time with them. They're growing so fast and I hate to miss it!
Just went and checked on them and they're still not asleep. They're very good about laying in their cribs though and not fussing. Pacifiers are a girls best friend! I always swore I would never use them on my kids. Boy was I wrong. They just love them! Especially Avery. I think it's part of the reason they're such calm babies. They know they can be easily soothed. They don't have them in 24/7. Just enough to make them happy. Ok, just checked again and they're both out. Guess I better catch some z's while I can. Oh and I'm so happy for Jayme and Misty on their BFP's! You two so deserve this! Congrats ladies!

Geez they are getting big Richelle! Too cute! Give DH a break, once he sees how much you are doing, he'll realize that he's not doing enough. (((HUGS))) Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteThey're so cute! I hope your DH steps up to help you out more. Seems to be a guy thing, I guess they don't realize how much it takes to care for a baby.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh look at those two little baldies! They are getting cuter and cuter...hopefully they start realizing that night time means sleepy time soon so you can get your rest, too. =)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, they are so cute! Getting so big too. Sorry they aren't sleeping, and that you aren't getting much help. >:( That is irritating! Hope it gets better soon. :)
ReplyDeleteWow! Time Flys!!! I cant believe how big they are...and too cute in their little thanksgiving outfits!!!
ReplyDeleteSuper CUTE!!!!
ReplyDeleteSame here about not posting much but always checking on everyone.
Merry Christmas to you guys!
Liz (MagyarLany)
Goodness, they're cute! I hope your DH helps more soon. From what I saw of my BIL, they get a little more involved when the kids get more "interactive". Not that that helps you get any sleep NOW though! I hope you enjoy your 2 wks off! :)
ReplyDelete