Monday, June 22, 2009

Flooded

Friday night DH and I decided that we would wait and go up north to our boat on Saturday morning. It was supposed to storm so we thought we'd just have a lazy night. We went out for fish fry and when we came home our power was out. It was pourin rain pretty bad and the dogs were wiggin out with all the thunder. So I lit some candles, DH grabbed a beer and we sat in front of our big living room window and watched it rain. We also watched all the commotion in front of our house because the roads were getting flooded and they were having to direct traffic. DH says to me, "I'm so glad we live up as high as we do so we don't have to worry about flooding." I agreed. A half hour later he went to our basement to get another beer and then I hear, "Honey, can you come here?" Our whole basement was under about 4 in of water. Our carpeted rec room completely furnished, the laundry room, and a bathroom. Since the power had been out so long our sump pump obviously stopped working and we took on TONS of water! It was over the top of my foot throughout the whole basement.

We spent from 9 am until 10 pm on Saturday using a r.ug doc.t.or on the rec room. It's still damp today. So much for a nice relaxing saturday on the boat. Everything had to be moved out of the room and cleaned and dried. I'm absolutely exhausted today. I can't wait to get home and crawl back into bed. I didn't sleep well at all last night. As usual. And now when I turn from one side to the other I get a little pain in my lower ab. Nothing intense or anything but enough to make it uncomfortable to roll over.

The good news is we start our vacation on Wednesday. Yah!!! I took wed off to get the house cleaned up and finish packing, (which I'm so glad I did now since I got nothing done this weekend) then we leave Wed after DH gets home from work. We'll be spending Wed-Sun at Co.unt.ry U.SA in Os.hkos.h, WI. We do it every year. We usually camp at the site with a bunch of friends but this year we opted to stay at DH"s moms and just drive over everyday. It's only a 5 min drive and I didn't know how well I'd do with the heat all day long out there. Then we'll spend Mon-Wed chillin on our boat and fishing. Then next Thurs we rented a cabin for 4 days on La.ke Pe.ten.w.ell. We're going to fish and relax over the 4th. I cannot wait! DH is a big fisherman and I don't mind relaxin lakeside and readin a book. We're going with his aunt and uncle and they're bringin their new ba.ss tra.cke.r fis.hin bo.at. DH is like a little kid with all of his excitement! We went to Ba.ss P.ro yesterday to get stocked up on lures and hooks and whatnot.

I have a dr. appt tomorrow morning to discuss the terms of my bed rest. Which is supposed to start in 4 weeks. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry about the flooding! You can send the rain down here!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are baking at over 100 degrees last week and this week!

    Your vaca sounds so fun! Get in all the excitment you can before your bedrest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I hope your basement doesn't smell like mildew!

    Your vaca sounds like a ton of fun...wish I could tag along! :) Enjoy it before your confined to your bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ICK! That sucks! Just when you say that it happens to you. Please take it easy, you don't want to be put on bed rest early. Wear plenty of sunscreen and don't over heat!

    ReplyDelete