Tuesday, July 7, 2009

GT, Bed Rest, and Kickin Babies

Only a week and a half left of work then I officially go on bed rest! yah! I didn't think I'd be too ready for it by 28 weeks but I was wrong. Bring on the sleep! Between my super sore hips and RLP, I get probably somewhere between 3 and 4 hours a night and that's just not cutting it for me anymore. My dr. just wants me to do 6 hours a day. 3 hours in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. Then the rest of the day i can go about normal business. So there will be no arguing on my end about bed rest. ha, I say that now. We'll see how I'm doing after a week at home!

DH felt our baby girl kick for the first time while we were on vacation then he felt her again Sunday night. Luke kicks all day long then as soon as I get home he stops and his sister starts in! I hope that's not a sign of what's to come! It's pretty cool to see my belly move on it's own like that though. They sure are active.

My sister is due on Thursday and she saw her midwife yesterday. Nothing. Her cervix is starting to thin but no dilation and she still hasn't lost her plug. My other sisters and I are giving her a lot of crap cuz she's always late to everything so it's only right that her baby be the same way. I just can't wait to find out what she's having! DH's sister is pg, due the end of Nov and just found out she's having another boy so we'll have 4 grandkids under the age of 3 by xmas and my Avery will be the only girl. She's going to either be our little princess or rough and tough like the boys. We'll see.

On thursday I have a triple whammy dr. appt. I have my glucose test, an u/s, and a dr. appt. It kinda works out great actually. As soon as I get there I drink the glucose stuff, then i have my u/s and dr. appt. then by the time all that's done it will probably be an hour so my test will be done as well. Pretty sweet deal.

6 comments:

  1. Wow you are already almost on bed rest?! Where the heck has time gone? Take advantage of all the sleep you can get! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bed rest? aww that sucks... I don't get any bed rest would sure love some though. Good Luck with your glucose test!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the bed rest and your GT on Thursday. That's so cool that you can see the babies kick now and that your husband can feel them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 98 more days!! I hope that you are able to get some much needed sleep in when you go on bed rest! At least it isn't total bedrest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad things are going well! Wow I can't believe your almost there! Crazy! Have fun w/the bed rest! I'm sure you need it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bedrest wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be! There will be hard times, but it is definitely worth it! And at least it isn't strict bedrest...that will help a lot!

    Thanks for telling me about the documentary...I added it to my netflix instant queue so I will watch it soon. And I know what you mean about a little liberal..most of the info about natural is pretty out there.

    ReplyDelete