Monday, January 11, 2010

4 Months Old!

My babies will be 4 months old tomorrow. Where has the time gone??? We had our 4 month check up on Friday. I was dying to know their weights. I thought Luke had to be at least 15lbs. He's a big boy. But he weighed in at 13lbs 13oz and Avery was 11lbs 13 oz. So he's a whole 2lbs bigger than his sister. I believe it! She's so feather light compared to him. What's funny though is they have a cousin that was born 10 weeks AFTER them and he is over 12lbs! Avery is such a little tiny thing. We also got the ok to start cereal and baby food if we're ready. We're going to hold off on food for a bit but we started cereal this weekend. Too fun! I'll post some pics later. They both took to it so well. A little difficult at first for them to figure out what do with it on their tongues. They would try and spit it out, but they soon caught on.

They're both sleeping through the night now. They go down between 6-7 and get up around 5. It's pretty sweet. And it's great that they're both sleeping at the same times. Sometimes Avery will get up in the middle of the night but I just give her her binky and she's out again. She loves her binky and Luke is starting to suck his thumb. I try and discourage him from doing it but it isn't working too well. I may just have to accept it. We'll see. We also got their little activity center out of storage and they love to sit in it and play with the toys. Their little legs don't reach the ground though so we have to put a pillow underneath them so they stand on that. All in all they're doing wonderful. I'm really looking forward to our 4 day weekend together this weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad they're sleeping through the night now! I know that was rough for you! Sounds like they are doing great! We take Delilah for her 4 month checkup Wednesday (even though she's way past 4 months) and I can't wait to see how much she weighs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't believe it is 4 months either! What a blessing they are sleeping through the night...I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 months already, wow!! Time really does fly when your having fun. I'm glad you have them on a good sleep schedule and it sounds like they are growing fast.

    Have you gone back to work or are you a SAHM??

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 months went pretty quickly! I'm glad they're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I love the updates. Where has the time gone? 4 months already, gosh!

    ReplyDelete