Monday, May 18, 2009

Just an Update

Hi Ladies, hope everyone had a great weekend. I know I did and I can't wait for the next one! We FINALLY pulled our boat out of storage this weekend. It was still too windy to get her on the water but at least we'll be all ready for next weekend. Yesterday DH and I just sat in it in the driveway. lol. We listened to our "boat tunes" cd and cleaned her up a bit. Made some inventory of what we needed to bring up on our next trip north for the summer. Ya know, towels, sunscreen, batteries, pillows and blankets (for when we do overnights). And DH is going to tweek the cd a bit. Somehow it's overloaded with Garth Brooks. Not exactly sure how that happened.

Thursday morning is our BIG day! I'll be 19w2d. I'm getting very anxious waiting. I think it's more the waiting to make sure they're both doing ok still though. I'm super excited about finding out what they are, don't get me wrong about that, but I really want to make sure they're both measuring ok. We didn't do any prenatal testing so this will be the best bet on making sure they look ok. So just a few more days of waiting. I'm thinking they're both ok. I'm getting pretty big and they're both moving around A LOT! If that's any indication then i'm good! But it will be nice to have the confirmation.

A very close friend of ours (she's practically family, DH's mom's boyfriend's daughter, if that makes sense. If DH's mom would just marry him already then she'd be DH's step sister) found out that she has breast cancer. It's also moving and is in her lymphnodes. Around Thanksgiving she had me feel a lump she had. I told her to go to the dr. immediately. She was scared and waited until May. Bad idea. She is now on a 6mos cycle of chemo, surgery, and radiation. We're all very scared about this since she waited so long. She's only 38 and an absolute sweetheart. We've grown very close since DH and I have been together. She had her first round of chemo last week and is doing "ok". It's only going to get worse for her though. So please, please get checked annually and if you think something is wrong. GO TO THE DOCTOR! We can only wonder how much better off she would have been if she went to the doc back in Nov. Now we just deal with what we're dealt and hope it's not too. Say a prayer for ladies.
I'll post again on thurs with our big update! :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel so bad for her! I know it's scary, but it's less scary if you catch it early! I hope she does ok w/chemo.

    SOOO excited for Thurs! I'll be looking for your update! I know you're going to say "as long as they're haelthy", but honestly, what are you hoping for? Boys, girls, one of each?

    I nominated you! Stop by my blog to pick up your award. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steph! I'm hoping for one of each but I had a dream the other night that they were both girls. And you're right, healthy. This waiting crap has to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your friend. I hope that chemo does its job.

    I can't wait until your update on Thursday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay I can't wait til Thursday!! :)

    ReplyDelete