Yah! Very big milestone for me today. I can't believe I'm here already. They say the babies are most active between 27-32 weeks and I'm feeling that already! Past couple of days they've been bouncin off the walls!
Well yesterday my bed rest request was denied by my employer because they said that twin bed rest protocol is not a medical reason to receive disability. I honestly don't mind working but I have plans now, and I have things that I've been putting of getting done until I'm on bed rest so this is putting a cramp in all of that. So I called my dr's office and the nurse said "yeah that happens sometimes" Uh ok. Thanks for your help. She put a note on my dr's desk to have him call me on Wed when he gets back in. I've kinda had it with my dr and his office. They've had my paperwork for this since my 24w check up and we're supposed to fax it over to me within 2 days so I could get approved for the F.M.LA. Well I never received anything so I called when I was 25w to get a status update and the lady that handles this stuff was out sick so they were going to let her know I was waiting for it. Still received nothing. So when I went in last Thurs I had to ask my dr for it. He said "they didn't fax it to you?" Uh obviously not if I don't have it and I'm asking you for it. And another thing with him, I saw him in the hall before my appt and I waved and said hi. He turned his head and acted like he didn't know who I was. Guess without a chart in front of him he doesn't know me from adam! Then when I was in with him he goes "Next visit, I want you to do your gluc.ose t.est" Uh that's why I'm here today idiot. He rushed me in and out. So with all that, I'm looking for another dr. Yup that's right, at 27 weeks. I got a copy of my medical files faxed over to me yesterday and I've faxed them out to 2 different dr's offices to see if anyone will take me on. I'm hoping I get a call either today or tomorrow on them. We'll have to see. Wish me luck!
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay for making it to 3rd tri!
ReplyDeleteI hope you are able to find a better and more caring doctor. It is good to have a good relationship with your dr., especially since you are carrying twins! Let us know how it goes!
YAY for 3rd tri!! Sounds like you definitely need to find a new doctor especially since you are carrying twins. I might even look for a specialist instead of a regular OB/GYN. As far as your employer denying bedrest...I can't believe they feel like they can decide who does or doesn't need bedrest! Try to find that new dr ASAP, and I'm sure he or she will be able to prove why you medically need the rest. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteHow can bedrest not qualify for disability? That doesn't make sense to me at all - how are you supposed to work if you're supposed to by doctor's orders be in bed. Sounds like a disability to me. Makes me nervous that my disability won't cover it if I need it. I'll have to make a note to call them.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on making it to the third tri!!!
I can't believe your at 3rd Tri already!! Congrats
ReplyDeleteWhat a dillhole! I hope you find a better doc to care for you and the babies. ;)
Congrats on 3rd Tri already! This time sure has gone by so fast - heck, I still remember when you posted your BFP on the boards!! And to think...only a couple more months, and you'll be enjoying your new babies on the outside instead of the inside!
ReplyDeleteAnd don't feel bad at all about finding a new doc at this point in the pregnancy. After treating you like that, you deserve a new doc. When I worked in an OB/GYN office, we'd have patients transfer care as late as 39 weeks (some twin pregnancies as late as 35 weeks)! It's your body and your babies - you need to be happy with the doctor that's providing your care! Good luck with the transfer!!