Monday, July 20, 2009

My Nephew

Hi Ladies, as most of you know my sister, L, was due to have her baby 7/8. She is the one that wasn't seeing a dr but was seeing a midwife. She only had one u/s her entire pg because she was afraid of the effect the sound waves would have on her baby's ears. She also had planned on having her baby at home. Well 7/8 went by and no baby. This past friday we (my family) all received a txt around 2pm from her DF. L had had an u/s and the midwife was concerned about how small baby was so they were going to keep her at the hospital and induce her. My family was so excited that she was having this little one at the hospital now. Such a big weight off of our shoulders. So friday night goes by and we hear nothing. Finally sat morning we hear from her DF and she's 7 cm. We hear from him again around noon and all he says is nothing yet. (Mind you, my sister is in Canada and we're all in IL so we couldn't just drive on over to the hossy to see her. And her DF told my step-mom, M, not to come up until Wed because he wants quality time with the baby and L first. He's an asshole.) So 4 more hours go by and we don't hear from him. M is calling his cell, her cell, the hossy, and gets no info whatsoever. We're starting to get worried. Finally he calls around 7 pm! They had a baby boy. He was only 5lbs 14 oz. The dr said he was only 37w not the 42 we thought he was. His cord was wrapped around his tiny little neck and he had fluid in his lungs. He was whisked away immediately to nicu. He's doing much better now and she hopes to start nursing soon. But as of right now he's still in nic.u in an in.cuba.tor with a respi.rat.or and a feeding tube.

Ladies I'm trying so hard not to be mad at my sister. But I am so fuckin pissed at her! If she would have had the proper prenatal care it is very possible that she could have avoided all of this. She was so worried about hurting the babies ears with the u/s and look what happened, his lungs were filled with fluid instead. She was off of her due date by over 4 weeks! If she would have had the damn u/s in the beginning she would have known better! AND she swore by her hippie dr's at her hippie hom.eopa.thic school that her baby was a girl. So, she being the dumbass that she is, believed them! She decorated the nursery pink and got pink clothes. And now here she is with an adorable baby boy with no name in the nicu. My heart is breaking and I can't stop crying for him. So please say a prayer for my nameless little nephew. And remember to take care of yourselves. Modern medicine is there for a reason!

Small update on me, I'll be 28w tomorrow. I'm exhausted. I only get about 3 hrs of sleep a night and it's not a consistent 3 hours. I want my bed rest! I have a pedi and a prenatal massage tomorrow night so I hope that helps with my sleeping. I go to my dr on Fri to hopefully get some answers about this bed rest crap. So keep your fingers crossed on that one. Other than that I'm doing great. Babies are moving around all the time. I love it! I can't believe in 2 mos I'll be a mom. Time is flyin! Thanks for listenin and be sure to say a prayer for my nephew! :)

4 comments:

  1. I was waiting to hear about your sister! I was getting worried! I hope that your sweet little nephew fights back and is out of nicu in no time. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations that you have a nephew!! I pray that he gets out of the nciu soon!

    I thank God for Modern Medicine - I probably wouldnt be having a baby if it wasnt for science. :)

    I know its hard to not be mad at your sister (she should have went to the doctors at least a few times - and moreso in the last tri) but I guess she had her reasonings. I bet you she learned her lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez what a bozo! Thank goodness they finally did an u/s! I guess she'll have to give you those clothes now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! SOOOO glad she ended up having him in the hosp! I hope he is doing well enough to go home soon.

    I'm a firm believer in prenatal & hosp births. Not to scare anyone, but I've felt this way since my mom told me a few details about my entrance to the world. Possibly upsetting---------- After I was born, my mom's entire uterus inverted & came out! The dr acted quickly & 'punched' it back in. fortunately, mom was fine & able to have my little sis 3 yrs later. I have always said NO home births for me!

    ReplyDelete