Wednesday, February 24, 2010

How am I going to do this?

How in the world am I going to protect my kids? I read so many stories in the news today about sch.ool sh.ootings and rap.es and chil.d ab.use. What am I going to do so that none of this EVER happens to my family? This really has me questioning my faith today and I'm not proud of myself. Who's to say this can't happen to my little ones? How will I know if the decision I'm making for them is the right one? Can I trust my mot.herly inst.incts? All these questions are flying through my head today. Not sure why I'm so emotional. Not time for A.F. or anything. I guess some of the stories I read today really struck a nerve. I watched a video of a woman in Aus.tr.alia as she threw her 10 month old baby backwards on the ground. Hard. How could someone do that to a baby and why does THIS horrible woman have a baby and I know WAY too many good women that don't. It's all very hard for me to understand today.

On a side note, both little ones are doing better now. Avery had a very rough week last week with the R.SV and the ear in.fecti.on and the dia.rrh.ea. She's now doing much better and I even got her first giggle out of her. Absolutely precious. Luke has found his voice! I cannot get the boy to shut up! lol. He talks (more like babbles, but you get my drift) from the time he wakes up until the time he falls asleep. And if you're not in the same room as him, it turns into yelling! We're at a good stage right now. A lot of fun.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, hun. I think you're just tired & coming off a stressfull week of sick babies!

    No, we can't protect our kids from anything bad that may happen to them. Yes, that scares the crap out of us.

    You can just do the best you can. (i also advise avoiding the news) Your babies will never lack for a comforting hug, or someone to tell them they're loved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh & that woman should have her existing children taken away & be sterilized!

    ReplyDelete