Monday, July 13, 2009

Green Foot not Thumb

Still waiting from news from my sister. She is now 5 days past her due date with nothing happening. It's driving our family crazy! She lives in On.t.ar.io and we all live in IL. So my stepmom is waiting for her DF to call and say it's happening then she's buying a plane ticket and getting there asap. But until then, we wait. Ugh!

DH and I got the nursery painted this weekend. It looks very cute. Two shades of green. A lighter shade on top with a darker one on the bottom. He's going to put up a white chair rail in between the colors. I was helping him paint the trim on Sat night so I was standing on a step stool getting above the closet, well when I stepped down off of the stool I stepped right into the pan of paint! My entire foot and ankle were covered in green paint. I had to hop on one leg with DH's help to the bathroom. It sounded like a stampede was coming with my fat ass bouncing down the hall. He also managed to get a few pics of the incident. Pretty funny.

Sadly, this is my last week of work. Thursday is my actual last day before bed rest. I have mixed emotions about it. I know I'll welcome the rest but I just don't think I'm ready to leave just yet. I'm going to miss coming to work everyday as silly as that may sound. But this is dr.'s orders so I don't really have a choice. And in the long run I'm hoping it will make my lo's stay put for as long as possible. Plus I have so much stuff I can get done around the house before they come. I can do that on few hours a day I'm allowed out of bed! DH is getting me netflix to keep me occupied some. I'm also going to put wedding favors together for my sister's wedding in Nov. Some 400 little individual candy boxes. I want to start watching a tv series or 2 with the netflix so if you have any ideas let me know! One's I've already seen are We.ed.s, So.pra.nos, 6 ft U.nd.er, 2.4, C.S..I's, D.ex.t.er, BO.n.es, N.ip.T.u.ck.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your nursery is coming along nicely! Is your sister in south-western Ontario? ( I am - right across from Port Huron, Mi...) Just curious - it would be a small world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you and bedrest would make me go crazy! :) I'm sure you'll find ways to keep yourself occupied. I would recommend watching seasons of N.CI.S. It's a very good show!

    ReplyDelete