Thursday, September 10, 2009

At L&D

APO on PAIF

Well ladies here I am on 24hrs of monitoring at L&D. I went in for my 35w check up yesterday and my bp was a little high. I did not think much of it and went about my NST. Cuz it was not that high. Well then my doc came in and informed me that I had +2 protein in my urine. He made a quick decision to send me over to labor. & De.livery for some more tests. (Because of signs of Preeclamsia) I was taken by surprise a bit but DH and I headed right over. I am very glad he was with me! They drew some blood and took more urine. My urine went up to +3 protein and my uric acid was also off. Doc also did an internal to make sure my water had not broke cuz I was leaking some fluid too. Everything was fine and I was 50% effa.ced and a fingertip dilated. Nothing too crazy. I was on monitors ( 1 for each baby and 1 for contr.actions) until about 11 last night then they took me off to let me get some sleep. Thank God! They were getting a little uncomfortable. I also had to pee in this tray thing every time I went to the bathroom so I had to call the nurse and let her know every time I peed so she could measure it. They drew more blood around 5 and it looks like nothing changed too drastically from last night. So that is good. My dr should be in to see me soon so now I just wait to see what he says. The ball is rolling! But hopefully I will get to go home at 4 today and these monkeys will stay put for another week or so. Oh the babies are both doing great! I guess all the nurses are commenting how great they look on the monitors. I have some pretty great kiddos!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear everything is okay for now and you'll get to go home today. Those little ones need to just hang tight a little longer! :)

    ((((little hugs)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad everything is stable! I hope you are able to go home and let those lo's cook a little longer!

    Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope all is ok! Keep us updated. Just another week or two kids!

    ~~~belly pats~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully everything will work out and you'll be able to leave at 4....


    And no you can not have your babies before I have my boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear everything is okay. Lets hope those little ones stay in for another week!! I am sure you are getting super excited to finally meet your babies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope things stay okay. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete