Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm the boss! Not you!

I had my first OB appt this morning. My OB and RE are friends so he knew all about me coming and the twins and whatnot before I got there. Which was nice. DH went with me and sat very patiently. OB said everything looked good. I'm looking like where a mom with a singleton would be around 10 weeks and I'm just 7. I'm actually showing a smidge. Pretty cool. I'm still tired all the time but no m/s still so that's good. I've lost about 5 lbs. Don't think that will stay that way for long.
So, now with my small gripe. My OB informed me that no matter what, I will go on bedrest at 28w. WTF??? I understand I need to do what's best for the kids but come on! Not ALL women have to go on bedrest that are pg with twinkies. I think it should be a case by case thing. I'm gonna wait it out and see how I manage before I get too pissy about it. I may be eating these words in a few months and be begging for bedrest. I should be able to work it out with my job so that shouldn't be a problem. I just get very stir crazy very quickly. So I may fight him on this, I may not. Just have to see. I just don't like him saying I HAVE to quit work and lay in bed all day and watch courtroom dramas (that seems to be all that's on anymore). I want to make my own decisions damn it! Guess we just have to wait and see what these 2 lil angels have in store for good ol mom!

4 comments:

  1. Wow total bedrest? I would hate that too, because there isn't much to do during the day! When I stay home sick I am bored to death! LOL *When* I get pg I plan on working all the way up until the baby's born. By the way where are these pics you've promised to post?!?!?! C'mon, I'm getting anxious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about the 4 IVF from my HR director at my job. I guess she could be wrong, but who knows?!? I did ask her about FET and she said that would still be counted as one IVF. Maybe I will call my fertility financial advisor and ask her. It's gonna kill me that I dont know the correct answer! LOL

    ps..are you going to find out the sex of the babies or wait and be surprised???
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Richelle!!!

    I miss chatting with you but I'm glad you are where you are at.

    I can't believe they already have the bedrest planned for you, don't they normally wait and see how the pg goes??

    Anyways, you tell them who is boss and don't let anyone push you around ;)

    Take care, Margriet

    ReplyDelete
  4. twinkies LOL
    I might have to steal that.

    ReplyDelete