Hi Ladies, I'm back from my nice long weekend. Yesterday i was absolutely exhausted! Ugh. Very busy weekend but I got to see lots of family so that's good. The best part was holding my 2 week old baby cousin. She is just a doll. I sat for two hours holding her. I didn't want to leave but of course we had to. Makes me want at least one girl. My cousin, her mommy, is still very sore even after 2 weeks. Poor thing. She's a trooper though. She gave me the best book that I've read so for about pregnancy. It's Je.n.ny Mc.Ca.rt.hy's Be.lly L.aug.hs. I read it front to back on the train ride yesterday. Absolutely HILARIOUS! I laughed out loud! It goes through all the symptoms and problems with pregnancy but being told by J.enn.y. She had it pretty bad. I would definitely recommend it. I want to read it again! She even talks about poo'in on the table. So funny!
Ok, now on to my sister and her shower. She absolutely wears me out! She does not believe in we.ster.n m.edic.ine so she's having a mi.d w.ife and a completely natu.ral bi.rth. Oh and she's giving birth on her own bed in her home. Ew. JMO. But she's the type of person that thinks that the way she's doing things is the ONLY way to do it. Drives me crazy! She has input about everything. She refuses to get an u/s because she believes it's harmful to the babies ears. Whatever. And her baby was a "whoops!" so she could have her due date completely wrong. She doesn't know. By the end of the weekend I just stopped answering her and listening to her altogether. My step-mom asked ME a question about twins and my sister answered the question! So I had to wait for her to finish then give my 2 cents which my sister then disagreed with. She just exhausted me. I'm letting her do things her way and I just wish she would let me do things mine. I'm glad she lives in Canada! I wish her the best of luck with a natural birth but I'm so afraid she's going to have complications and not going to be able to do much about it. She saw a dr once and he made a concern about the positioning of her placenta. But she never went back to see him! Now she just visits her mid-w.ife. And of course, she isn't concerned. Ugh! So frustrating for our family. I hope she made the right decision with all of this.
On to me, my beans are growing like weeds! I'm officially in a all maternity clothes. I'm glad to be past that "is she pg or just fat" stage though. 15w today. 5 more weeks until we find out their sexes. DH is getting very anxious for it. I'm ok for now but I know I will start to get curious. I may just request an u/s a 18w to calm him down a bit. We'll see. But all is well for now! Oh and I found out that they both LOVE brownies! How perfect! So does their momma. :)
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Aww its amazing how far along you are already!!! YAY to brownies! I got a box with my name on them at home guess whats for dinner tonight? BROWNIES!!
ReplyDeleteI haven't tried brownies yet...we will see!!
ReplyDeleteGlad your beans are growing! Your sister makes me nervous!! I told DH if I gave birth on our bed, he would never want to FD there again!!!
Times flies eh? Can't wait to hear what they will be! My sister is very similar lifestyle. She worried me as well, when she was recently pregnant. Thankfully I am in Ontario and she lives in Whitehorse. I can only handle her in small doses -for the same reasons why yours drives you crazy!
ReplyDeleteI can't even imagine giving birth in my bed at home!! It sounds icky and dirty!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you're already 15 weeks!
Richelle, we need baby bump pics!!! So glad to hear your beans are doing well and making good food choices ;) Brownies are so stinkin good.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for keeping me sane on Sunday. You are turning me into a texting pro.
I respect your sis' right to choose, but there is no way I would purposely have a baby anywhere other than a hosp! I really don't think that what she's doing is very smart, but I'll just shut up & hope she doesn't have any complications.
ReplyDeleteOh, brownies sound soooo good right now! I may have to break into my chocolate silken tofu. The strawberry one tastes likes yogurt, so hoping that the choc is good!
Can't wait to find out what the LOs are!