Monday, April 27, 2009

Quick Name Poll

So we still don't know what we're having obviously but every time someone asks us if we have any names picked out I always say no but DH is quick to say yes because he LOVES the name Lan.do.n for a boy. I like the name but here's my problems with it.

1. It's soooooo popular! I hate that. I want my children to have somewhat unique names. Not off the wall unique but not on the top 10 list for sure.

2. Our last name is Anderson. So his name would be L.and.on A.nd.ers.on. Does that sound weird to anyone else. I say it over and over and over again everyday and the more I say it the more I don't like how it sounds. 90% of the people we ask about this say it sounds fine. So that's where my confusion is. Maybe it's just me.

So ladies, what do you think of L.an.don M.ich.ael An.d.ers.on??? Does is roll ok? Is it too popular and will he have about 10 other L.ando.n's in his class?

7 comments:

  1. Landon Anderson sounds strange to me......you are going to need more than one name. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it with Michael as the middle name. But said without it...eh. You have time to decide!! Just start making a list!

    Good luck with the names!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should stay away from names that rhyme. We joke around and say if it's a boy we're going to name him W.ill.ard H.ill.ard. That poor child would get beat up at school everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with pp. I grew up with the most popular name the year I was born and it sucked. There was always 3 other Jessicas in my classes. Good luck with names...at least your husband likes normal names! My husband comes up with stuff from Star Wars...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really like the whole rhyming thing either.

    While we're on the subject of names- PLEASE don't gives your twins names that rhyme w/each other. And please don't give them the same intials, it can cause SS confusion in the future. JMO though, you can tell me to shut up if ya want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wasn't that Michael Landon on " Little House on the Prairie " ? Kinda reminds me of that !

    ReplyDelete
  7. He was! DH loved that show. Another reason why he wants that name. Ugh! Boys!

    ReplyDelete